About two thirds of the Bayberry Trail borders the Waller Mill Reservoir. According to the Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries:
"This 360-acre water supply reservoir is owned by the City of Williamsburg and is located within the boundaries of Waller Mill Park, York County. The reservoir was originally constructed in 1942 with the intention of providing water to Camp Peary, but was sold three years later to the City of Williamsburg in 1945. The reservoir is divided into two sections by the crossing of Airport Road. A navigable tunnel connects the upper and lower portions of the reservoir. The upper basin accounts for roughly a third of the reservoir’s acreage. The lower basin provides greater fishing access to deeper water and larger creek arms. The heavily wooded shoreline and the many branches and coves of the reservoir provide a very pleasing environment in which to hike, bike, fish and pleasure boat."